Ok everyone, prepare for a game changer!
As some of you already know I am a little bit obsessed with Tyrrells Sweet & Salty Popcorn. I have a deep rooted, ride or die, hardcore love for any sweet-savory combo and these bad-boys are no exception.
The truth is that there is really nothing over complicated about this one, but it has changed the way I snack.
|Prep time||3 Mins|
|Cook time||30-40 Mins depending on desired crunch intensity|
|Clean up||5 Mins|
|Best before||2-3 days|
|Storage instructions||Store in a cool, shaded place away from direct sunlight|
|Refrigeration requirements||You don’t need to refrigerate them|
|Allergy information||This recipe uses coconut oil, which is a nut product. You can substitute this.|
|Approx per 100g||Calories: 130kcal | Fat: 2-3g | Carbs: 16-17 | Prot: 6.-7g|
This recipe is Organic, Gluten Free & Vegan.
- 2 x 400g Tins Organic Chickpeas
- 1 tbs Organic Odourless Mild Odourless Coconut oil
- 1 tbs Organic Raw Pink Himalyan Salt
- 1 tbs Organic Rapadura Sugar
- 1 tbs Organic Chia Seeds
About the ingredients
- Chickpeas offer specific health benefits, and consuming them regularly boosts your intake of a few key nutrients.
- Coconut Oil
- Coconut oil is one of the few foods that can be classified as a “superfood.” Its unique combination of fatty acids can have profound positive effects on health.
- Pink Salt
- Himalayan salt is a natural occurring substance. Beside sodium chloride, it contains minerals that are essential to the human body.
- Rapadura Sugar
- Rapadura is the pure juice extracted from the sugar cane. It has not been cooked at high heats, and spun to change it into crystals, and the molasses have not been separated from the sugar. It is produced organically, and does not contain chemicals or anti-caking agents.
- Chia Seeds
- Chia Seeds deliver a massive amount of nutrients with very few calories. Gram for gram Chia Seeds contain more Omega-3s than salmon.
- Drain the Chickpeas
- Dry them with kitchen roll
- Add to a bowl with coconut oil
- Place on baking tray in preheated oven on middle shelf at 140 degrees c
- After 20 mins turn the chickpeas
- When golden brown (the browner the chickpea the more crunchy) remove from oven and add Salt, Sugar and Chia Seeds
- Allow to cool and consume all of the chickpeas! 🙂
I hope you enjoy these babies as much as I do!
Speak soon, G x