Ok, I will admit it…these things are not exactly healthy! This recipe will not satisfy a raw diet, there are no superfoods here, and if your one of those fruitarian types then I’m afraid this one isn’t for you. Soz!
Selfish Gemma fact of the day – I miss the taste of meat. I was raised a carnivore so obviously I will have cravings for chicken breast, smoked bacon and beef burgers – but – having had my lightbulb moment (watched about 15 minutes of earthlings before breaking down in tears!) I know what barbaric acts are required to bring meat to my plate. None-the-less some part of my brain still craves meat and from that came this recipe. If you are a vegetarian or vegan and need to “scratch that itch” I guarantee you this will do the job!
Here are the important ingredients:
Here are the ingredients you can substitute:
- Raw Virgin Coconut Oil
- Some kind of hot sauce, I usually use one of the following:
- Regge Regge Sauce
- Nandos Peri Peri Sauce
- Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Smokey Hot BBQ Glaze
Here are the steps:
- Pre heat Oven to 180 degrees c
- Add a small amount of Coconut oil to a baking tray and spread evenly
- Place two Fry’s burgers onto baking tray and marinade with chosen sauce on both sides
- Pop Burgers in oven for 15 mins, no need to turn
- Cut buns in half (carefully) and place on a separate baking tray or under grill for 1 minute to warm and slightly toast
- Open ripe avocado and remove seed, slice with a knife carefully and then scoop but do not remove just yet
- Slice pizza cheese ready for burger assembly
- Remove both trays from oven carefully and place on heat resistant work surface or cooling tray
- Using tongs, place the base of the burger bun onto a plate and add one teaspoon of hummus – spreading with spoon evenly
- Add one Fry’s burger
- Add slices of pizza cheese
- Add other Fry’s burger
- Add teaspoon of salsa and spread evenly
- Add salad
- Top with sliced avocado
- Drizzle sauce over top
- Rest burger bun top on side of your fine creation
At this stage take lots of pictures (quickly) and then tag me in them #GemmaPriceUK after you have devoured your incredible vegan burger!
Enjoy every crumb!
P.S – Lots of you have said I forgot onion – I didn’t :p – but if you like Red Onion or Mushrooms then please include as you wish 🙂
This post is not sponsored and I have no affiliation with Fry’s or Violife – I just really love burgers!